[bioontology-support] AMIA workshop

Madani,Sina AHMadani at mdanderson.org
Tue Dec 21 07:36:02 PST 2010

Hi Ray,

Thank you for the explanation. I apologize for my late response.
On the same slide, MetaMap is shown near mgrep for annotation purposes. Can I download MetaMap and "switch" annotation services from mgrep to MetaMap?

Although Nigam told me in the workshop that he gets better results ( I read that paper as well) with mgrep compared to MetaMap, I was just curious to see if MetaMap is an option in ncbo-appliance.

I was just able to add SNOMED to the annotation dictionary. It took 4 days for ncbo-appliance to process concepts and relationships and add it to the list of available terminologies for annotations. I am now working on the annotation service to accept incoming dictation notes. I haven't decided how I can make the best of the output results yet :)

Paul is a great help to me for operationalizing ncbo-appliance and services. I do really appreciate his and the support team's effort

Thanks
Sina