[bioontology-support] testing 42280

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 5 11:10:56 PST 2010

Dear Luca,

Some of the services work off the index that we update only weekly (I
refer to it below as "OBS index"). Because we have just added MedDRA
to BioPortal, it is not yet in that index. Thank you in advance for
your patience.

> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/leafpath/42280/10022117

Leafpath works off OBS index. Also, all the services with "virtual" in
their signature should use the ontology id (which doesn't change from
version to version), not the version id. The ontology id for MedDRA is
1422

> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/42280/all
> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/42280/all?offset=1&limit=10

Both require the OBS index.

> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/ontologies/download/42280

This one works, but downloads an empty file. As I mentioned yesterday,
we cannot allow download of the real MedDRA RRF file.

> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/ontologies/versions/42280

Requires an ontology id, not virtual id. Thus, it works in this form:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/ontologies/versions/1422

> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/42280

Two problems: you need to use the ontology id + the signature here is
wrong. The following works:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/ontology/1422

> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/ontology/42280

Need ontology id:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/ontology/1422

> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/ontology/dump_n3/42280

This one seems to work, but just takes a while. There are also
licensing issues here, since you are technically downloading it.

Thank you again for your patience.

Natasha