[bioontology-support] Annotator returning 500 error when overloaded (Could Not Annotate with Mgrep Server)

Joey Geiger jfgeiger at mcw.edu
Tue Feb 9 07:28:31 PST 2010

Hello.

I'm running some tests on the annotator, and I'm running into issues when trying to annotate some text using multiple client daemons at one time. Everything works for about 100-200 items, but then the system begins throwing errors. I've included the text of the error below.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<errorStatus>
  <accessedResource>/obs_hibernate/annotator</accessedResource>
  <accessDate>2010-02-09 07:23:35.929 PST</accessDate>
  <shortMessage>Internal Server Error</shortMessage>
  <longMessage>Error. Could Not Annotate with Mgrep Server.</longMessage>
  <errorCode>500</errorCode>
</errorStatus>

I'm not sure of the cause, but I know that I've previously been able to hit the system a lot harder. Right now I'm using 5 clients, and I've done multiple tests previously with 10-25 clients at one time. This was on the dev server as well.

Thank you.