[bioontology-support] Annotator returning 500 error when overloaded (Could Not Annotate with Mgrep Server)

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 9 17:17:05 PST 2010

Hi Joey,

Since we have optimized the database architecture for the Annotator, we have
found that MGREP is now a bottleneck. As a short-term fix for this problem,
please add in a delay when calling the Annotator. For example, when using a
single client we have found that this issue occurs at 300 calls.
Unfortunately, we do not have data on using multiple clients.

Trish