[bioontology-support] Permanent links to BioPortal?

Dahdul, Wasila Wasila.Dahdul at usd.edu
Wed Feb 17 12:48:55 PST 2010

We would like to include URLs to terms in BioPortal for a publication, and we were going to use links of the form:
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/40114/TAO%3A0001891

However, these links no longer work.  Is this a bug, or does BioPortal not maintain permanent links to terms? We also noticed that ontology IDs have changed (e.g., 40114 for TAO above, vs. 42307 currently), and that browsing through the ontology tree doesn't update the URL.

Thanks for your help,
Wasila Dahdul
Phenoscape Project