[bioontology-support] Permanent links to BioPortal?

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 17 13:07:44 PST 2010

Dear Dahdul,

If you want a permanent link to a concept, you need to use an ontology
id, 1110, in your case, and a slightly different URL:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/virtual/1110/TAO:0001891

It will always resolve to the latest version.

Also, if you'd like, we can generate a nicer looking URL through our
purl mechanism. It will be:

http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/tao/TAO:0001891

This way, if we change the address scheme in BioPortal, the URL will
remain. Would you like us to generate this one for you?

Natasha