[bioontology-support] XSD for hierarchy services...

Eamonn Maguire maguire at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Feb 18 12:28:35 PST 2010

Hi all,

So I've been working on the schema and other bioportal xml processing stuff a bit today and I've attached an XSD which I think works pretty well for the services described below at least...

root concepts for an ontology: http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40832/root
term information: http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40832/snap:IndependentContinuant
children/parents of a node: http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/parents/40832/snap:Continuant?level=1

and anything with the following xml structure:

<success xmlns="http://bioontology.org/bioportal/classBeanSchema#">
  <accessedResource>/bioportal/concepts/40832/root</accessedResource>
  <accessDate>2010-02-18 11:33:38.731 PST</accessDate>
  <data>
    <classBean/>
    <list/>
  </data>
</success>

I have code which inserts the name space into the xml file returned from the webservice as well, but it would obviously be good if you guys could do this automatically.

I will create XSD for the other services as soon as I can, but this was my priority today. I will probably generalise this schema more if I find that some results don't process properly, but i've put it through a lot of files and it has worked well so far!

Eamonn Maguire
Software Engineer - NET Project
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~maguire
http://ebiinterfaces.wordpress.com/