[bioontology-support] XSD for hierarchy services...

Eamonn Maguire maguire at ebi.ac.uk
Sun Feb 21 01:56:50 PST 2010

Hi Natasha et al :),

Cool, but the XML served from the bioportal web services will need to be
changed for addition of the xml name space: xmlns="
http://bioontology.org/bioportal/classBeanSchema#"

Also, do you know if it will be possible and quick to add the full id and
label to the result of the hierarchy queries? :) At the minute I have to do
a separate query for each term in an ontology tree (to provide the browsing
functionality) and it's quite slow (and very inefficient) even though I have
written code to do multiple downloads in parallel so as to quicken things up
a bit!

Thanks,

I'll post the other XSDs for the other services soon too, this week is very
busy for me but I should send them next week :)

Thanks and have a nice Sunday! :)

Eamonn

On 21 February 2010 06:20, Natasha Noy <noy at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Eamonn,
>
> Thanks a lot! I've added it to the wiki page (
> http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#XML_Schema_Definitions_for_the_REST_services
> )
>
> If you have any updates, we'll be happy to post them and we'll try to
> maintain and update it as well if the format of the service results changes.
>
> Thanks a lot again!
>
> Natasha
>

> On Feb 18, 2010, at 12:28 PM, Eamonn Maguire wrote:
>
>  Hi all,
>>
>> So I've been working on the schema and other bioportal xml processing
>> stuff a bit today and I've attached an XSD which I think works pretty well
>> for the services described below at least...
>>
>> root concepts for an ontology:
>> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40832/root
>> term information:
>> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40832/snap:IndependentContinuant
>> children/parents of a node:
>> http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/parents/40832/snap:Continuant?level=1
>>
>> and anything with the following xml structure:
>>
>> <success xmlns="http://bioontology.org/bioportal/classBeanSchema#">
>>  <accessedResource>/bioportal/concepts/40832/root</accessedResource>
>>  <accessDate>2010-02-18 11:33:38.731 PST</accessDate>
>>  <data>
>>    <classBean/>
>>    <list/>
>>  </data>
>> </success>
>>
>> I have code which inserts the name space into the xml file returned from
>> the webservice as well, but it would obviously be good if you guys could do
>> this automatically.
>>
>> I will create XSD for the other services as soon as I can, but this was my
>> priority today. I will probably generalise this schema more if I find that
>> some results don't process properly, but i've put it through a lot of files
>> and it has worked well so far!
>>
>> <xsd_schema_classBean.xsd>
>>

>> Eamonn Maguire
>> Software Engineer - NET Project