[bioontology-support] Annotator not returning the correct start and end values with certain characters in text

Joey Geiger jfgeiger at mcw.edu
Thu Jul 22 06:15:34 PDT 2010

On Jul 21, 2010, at 5:13 PM, Trish Whetzel wrote:

> Can you indicate the level of severity of this issue for your work so that I can assign the proper priority level for the bug report?
>
> Thanks,
> Trish

We use the annotator to find annotations in text. Those annotations are then checked for accuracy by people and the only way they can determine if it is accurate is to see the original text that produced the annotation. Right now on some of the texts the accuracy is off by 10 or more characters which renders the results mostly useless.

While this bug won't stop us from working on the project, it is stopping us from adding new data.