[bioontology-support] bioportal_core

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 26 15:12:05 PDT 2010

  Jose,

The simplest way to add ontologies is to use an HTTP POST. You can see a
sample of this in the BioPortal source code (also attached):
/test/test_ontology_post.html

If you put this file on the same domain that you're hosting the
BioPortal Core from it should work. Otherwise, you'll need to change the
'action' attribute in this line to match your location:
<form name="testForm" method="post" action="/bioportal/ontologies"
enctype="multipart/form-data">

The form has a list of category ids, you'll need to change these to
match your installations if you want to use them.

The form includes the required parameters. There are other options which
you could modify the form to include:
homepage
documentation
publication
codingScheme
targetTerminologies
synonymSlot
preferredNameSlot
documentationSlot
authorSlot
slotWithUniqueValue
preferredMaximumSubclassLimit

In addition, you could install the BioPortal UI, which has a little more
comprehensive submission form.

If I can clarify any of this, please let me know.

Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer
NCBO BioPortal <http://bioportal.bioontology.org>