[bioontology-support] Annotator help request

Beecher Greenman greenmanrb at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jun 15 07:04:40 PDT 2010

My name is Beecher Greenman. I've been using the Annotator Web service
in a wiki to support the Human Salivary Proteome Project, but I have
some questions based on what appear to be recent service changes.

1) When I query for annotations in certain ontologies -for example, the
NCI Thesaurus- I find that the results no longer include accession
numbers for the terms found. In some cases, like the aforementioned NCI,
I seem to receive URLs for another page instead, while in other cases I
essentially get the preferred name of the term. In still other cases,
such as the Medical Subject Headings, I continue to get accession
numbers as I expected. Is this change intentional, and is there any
other way to

2) Some time ago, I stopped getting any annotations from the Mammalian
Phenotype ontology, even for terms I knew to be part of it, such as
"cellular phenotype" and "abnormal muscle weight". More recently, as I
was looking through your Flash client at
<http://bioportal.bioontology.org/annotator>, I noticed that Mammalian
Phenotype does not seem to be in the list of supported ontologies
anymore. Has it been removed?