[bioontology-support] BioPortal installation

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 22 14:32:58 PDT 2010

  Mouna,

It looks like the UI is timing out when trying to connect to the Core.
Is the Core on the same machine? Is the address defined properly in the
/config/bioportal_config.rb file?

There should be a line like this in the bioportal_config.rb file that
should point to your Core installation:
$REST_URL="http://localhost:8080/bioportal"

The URL it's timing out on is this (assuming you have the Core running
on localhost:8080):
http://localhost:8080/bioportal/ontologies

If that doesn't come up in a browser, you have something wrong with the
Core installation or it's not running.

Paul Alexander
Web / UI Developer
NCBO BioPortal