[bioontology-support] [Fwd: RE: RNSA and NCBO Web services]

jbasco jbasco at rsna.org
Wed Jun 30 06:16:34 PDT 2010

Trish,

Thank you for the info, but that approach would not work (well) when
creating a tree since it would require a first call to a Hierarchy
service - for all the children of a given concept - followed by
additional calls to the Term service for each of the initial results.
As you can imagine, the overhead involved in making a specific request
for each child would be prohibitive and would become quite taxing to
your servers.

Thanks again,
James