[bioontology-support] Feedback

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Sun Mar 7 09:12:15 PST 2010

Hi Ming,

Yes, the disease ontology contains mappings to MeSH. For example, for
the term disease (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/42463/DOID%253A4
) the mappings included in the ontology file are displayed in the Xref
field. However, for these to be accessible via other components of
BioPortal additional processing is needed. Once this is complete, the
mappings will be accessible via the Mappings Web service: http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#Mapping_Service
  and can be seen in BioPortal at: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/mappings
.

I'll check on the status of processing these, however the person in
charge is out until Tuesday.

Trish

On Mar 7, 2010, at 8:07 AM, admin at bioontology.org wrote:

> Name : Ming Guo
>
> Email : ming.guo at stanford.edu
>
> Comment:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to find out whether there is a mapping between Disease
> Ontology term (DOID) and MeSH disease terms. If you could point me
> to right direction as to where to get this information, that'll be
> great.
> Best,
> Ming

Trish Whetzel, PhD