[bioontology-support] suggestion: bioportal_page annotation property

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 08:49:20 PDT 2010

There will be many cases in which people will want to include a link
to the bioportal visualization of a term. I suggest that Bioportal
make a small ontology available, initially containing a single
annotation property: bioportal:page, spiritually a subproperty of
foaf:page.

I would document this appropriately, and indicate that user MAY wish
to declare foaf:page an annotation property, and make this an
annotation subproperty of foaf:page, but not do so in the ontology, as
this may represent a commitment that the user may not wish to make (as
foaf does not declare foaf:page to be an annotation property, just an
rdf:property).

I would be happy to review other suggestion for inclusion in the
ontology, which I suggest be kept small and with attention to not
introducing unnecessary ontological commitments.

I have attached a suggested start.

-Alan