[bioontology-support] [bioportal-announce] BioPortal 2.3.1 Released to Production

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 24 09:18:34 PDT 2010

Dear Calixto,

Could you please tell us why you want a separate installation of
BioPortal? I remember we discussed this before, but I looked through
my email and couldn't find an answer.

We are trying to limit the number of external nodes at the moment,
because it is difficult for us to maintain, and we also believe that,
by its very nature, BioPortal works best when it has more users
contributing to it. That said, there are definitely good reasons to
have a local installation. So we would appreciate knowing what yours
are and to see if we can work with you to satisfy your requirements
within the main Bioportal Node. Also, just to note: in the future we
do plan to have a federated architecture where envision a network of
Bioportal nodes. However, it would really help to know why you need a
separate installation.

Thank you,

Natasha