[bioontology-support] NEMO BioPortal mappings

Gwen Frishkoff gfrishkoff at gsu.edu
Thu May 6 17:07:55 PDT 2010

Hi again.

On a related note, when I search on a term in BioPortal, it only finds
it does not seem to recognize the the term is being used (built on) if
it is directly imported to an ontology (rather than newly declared with
a new ID).

So if I wanted to see which ontologies are specifying subclasses of
"quality" I might be missing quite a few -- namely those that are built
on BFO. The same thing is true for terms that have been (manually, not
literally) "mireoted" in. Forgive me if you're already aware of these
issues. I just wanted to weigh in as one enthusiastic user of BioPortal,
to let you know what kind of changes might be useful for us as onto
developers.

Gwen

Gwen Frishkoff, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
Associate Member, Neuroscience Institute
140 Decatur Street
Urban Life, Rm 712
Georgia State University
Atlanta, Georgia  30303-3083

Email: gfrishkoff at gsu.edu
Phone: 404-413-6303
Fax:   404-413-6218

"A speaker is like a lousy auto mechanic: every time he fixes something
in the language, he screws up something else." -- Joseph H. Greenberg