[bioontology-support] full id vs short id in ontology terms

Helena Deus helenadeus at gmail.com
Tue May 18 09:02:35 PDT 2010

Hello,

When trying to obtain a full URI for certain terms using the ontology
widgets, I came acrros many terms that do not have a full ID in the format
of a URI. For example, the term "MRSA", in ontology id 40397 (concept id
is T4539). I have been trying to discover, using the same json service that
bioportal widgets use (ex:
http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search/json_search/?q=T4539&response=json&callback=jsondata),
but even there no full ID in the format of a URI exists.

Alternativelly, I tried to get the full URI using the "concepts" REST
service (http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40397/T4539), but
this leads me to a list of terms formatted as XML. Ideally, to be SPARQL
compatible, I would meed this URI (or the full UID within it) to return data
in RDF format, is it possible? Maybe with a small addition of syntax this
could be achieved (ex:
http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/40397/T4539?format=rdf) ?? I
may be missing something but was unable to find in the documentation how to
obtain the necessary RDF representation to integrate in SPARQL queries.

Thanks
Lena