[bioontology-support] Feedback

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Wed May 19 21:51:11 PDT 2010

Interesting. I too am having problems with the text you sent, but the
text below works fine (text from the first element for nanoparticle on
the resource page).  I can report this as a bug.  Do you have a
comment on the priority for this?

Montet et al. reported a detailed synthesis of cRGD-CLIO(Cy5.5) (5).
Initially, a linear RGD peptide GSSK(FI)GGGCRGDC (IRGD) was obtained
with the Fmoc method as a C-terminal amide and oxidized via bubbling
air to yield a disulfide-linked cRGD peptide in 0.1 M ammonium
bicarbonate. The amino-CLIO nanoparticle was synthesized in several
steps. The starting material, monocrystalline iron oxide (MION), was
synthesized by neutralization of ferrous salts, ferric salts, and
dextran with ammonium hydroxide, followed by ultra-filtration (14).
The obtained MION was cross-linked in strong base with epichlorohydrin
and then reacted with ammonia to produce amino-CLIO (CLIO-NH2) (14).
Finally, CLIO-NH2 was reacted with the N-hydroxysuccinimide ester of
Cy5.5 (Amersham Biosciences Corp., Piscataway, NJ), followed by
peptide attachment using disuccinimidyl suberimidate to produce cRGD-
CLIO(Cy5.5) (5). There were ~250 amines, 8,000 iron atoms, 27
peptides, and 8 Cy5.5 molecules per CLIO-NH2 nanoparticle.