[bioontology-support] bioportal metadata -- does not save

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Sat May 22 15:15:17 PDT 2010

Hi Gwen,

There is a bug in the UI related to the 'Edit Ontology Metadata'
information page so although the metadata information is set when you
entered it, if you click to view the 'Edit Ontology Metadata' page
again the values are not displayed. I logged in as Admin and entered
these values and they are now visible via the Web service call: http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/ontology/1321?email=example@example.org
.  If you manually update the metadata again, these properties will
need to be re-entered if a value is not displayed.

Trish

On May 22, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Gwen Frishkoff wrote:

> Paea,
>
> I had specified the Bioportal metadata for NEMO previously, and two
> of the fields were reset to the default. I tried again just now to
> reset these (skos:definition --> nemo:definition, etc.), but two of
> these did not save properly.
>
> This one saved o.k.:
> SKOS:ALTLABEL
> http://nemo.nic.uoregon.edu/ontologies/release/NEMO_annotation_properties.owl#NEMO_synonym
>

> These two did not:
> SKOS:definition -->
> http://nemo.nic.uoregon.edu/ontologies/release/NEMO_annotation_properties.owl#NEMO_definition
>
> DC:creator
> http://nemo.nic.uoregon.edu/ontologies/release/NEMO_annotation_properties.owl#NEMO_curator
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you,
> Gwen
>
> --
> Gwen Frishkoff, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology
> Associate Member, Neuroscience Institute
> 140 Decatur Street
> Urban Life, Rm 712
> Georgia State University
> Atlanta, Georgia  30303-3083
>
> Email: gfrishkoff at gsu.edu
> Phone: 404-413-6303
> Fax:   404-413-6218
>
> "A speaker is like a lousy auto mechanic: every time he fixes
> something in the language, he screws up something else." -- Joseph
> H. Greenberg

Trish Whetzel, PhD
Outreach Coordinator
Ph: 650-721-2378