[bioontology-support] extract "description" in Bio Portal

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Fri Oct 1 13:13:15 PDT 2010

The "Mapped to Heading" field in MeSH is represented by the tag "HM". This information is returned from the Term web service [1] for atorvastatin:
<relations>
<entry>
<string>HM</string>
−
<list>
<string>D011758</string>
<string>D006538</string>
</list>
</entry>

I believe that "atorvastatin" is a Supplementary Concept Record (SCR) in MeSH and that the SCRs are a separate thesaurus from MeSH.

Trish