[bioontology-support] OWL Version of Radlex in Bioportal unusable

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 20:09:05 PDT 2010

On Oct 8, 2010, at 6:20 PM, "Natasha F. Noy" <noy at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Fixed. I assume you were talking about RadLex 3.0 in OWL. Thank you
> for pointing it out. The configuration for the preferred name slot
> was missing here.

Thanks.

> And rdfs:label is the same as rdf:ID for this ontology.

That's a bad choice and not in the spirit of the spec:

3.6 rdfs:label

rdfs:label is an instance of rdf:Property that may be used to provide
a human-readable version of a resource's name.

A triple of the form:

R rdfs:label L

states that L is a human readable label for R.

The rdfs:domain of rdfs:label is rdfs:Resource. The rdfs:range of
rdfs:label is rdfs:Literal.

Multilingual labels are supported using the language tagging facility
of RDF literals.