[bioontology-support] [bioontology-info] Web Service down?

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 12 22:46:49 PDT 2010

Victor,

Yes, we were blocking your IP address. The Annotator service will return
a 500 error if the textToAnnotate parameter is null. The XML response is
included below.

Normally this is handled fine, however your application was calling the
server so often with a null textToAnnotate that it filled our log
partition. Since we didn't know who or what was calling the service we
took the extraordinary step of blocking the IP. Our apologies if it
interrupted your work.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any
further help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<errorStatus>
   <accessedResource>/obs/annotator</accessedResource>
   <accessDate>2010-10-12 22:39:33.67 PDT</accessDate>
   <shortMessage>Internal Server Error</shortMessage>
   <longMessage>Error. Invalid Parameter.Required Parameter is NULL - textToAnnotate cannot be NULL.</longMessage>
   <errorCode>500</errorCode>

</errorStatus>

Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer