[bioontology-support] inconsistent issues between BioPortal and MeSH

Eugene eugene at nextbio.com
Fri Oct 15 11:44:02 PDT 2010

Dear Sir or Madam,

Yesterday I have posted an inconsistency issue. Today we just found another similar issue described in the following after we download the ontology from BioPortal. There is inconsistency between BioPortal and official MeSH and UMLS portal.

In the following, those circled terms are diseases, but they are put under Technique/Procedure ontology.

[cid:image003.png at 01CB6C5C.8E65FA30]

I have checked MeSH and UMLS portals. The actual children of "Nepolasms, Experimental" is shown in the following:

[cid:image002.png at 01CB6C5B.AA395960]

Could you evaluate and fix if that's a bug?

Please let us know what you want to do for this issue and yesterday's (I posted similar issue yesterday).

Thanks

Eugene