[bioontology-support] inconsistent issues between BioPortal and MeSH

Eugene eugene at nextbio.com
Fri Oct 15 22:15:13 PDT 2010

Nigam,

Your screen shot shows the children of "carcinoma, experimental". But the context information for that screen shot is probably under "disease" branch. Certainly, in that disease branch, BioPortal is matched with UMLS. However, if we look at the children of "carcinoma, experimental" under "analytical .. technique" branch in UMLS, we find that BioPortal is not matched with UMLS.

Enclosed is the screen shot that I have captured from UMLS. The screen shot explains what I said above. Context 1 is for "analytical.. technique" branch. Context 2 is for disease branch. The children of "carcinoma, experimental" are different under different context.

The screen shots attached in my previous email were captured from BioPortal (1st screen shot) and MeSH portal (2nd screen shot). Both were under "Analytical... technique" root concept, but the children of  "carcinoma, experimental" are different between BipoPortal and MeSH portal.

Eugene