[bioontology-support] [bioontology-info] Flash Bioportal Ontology Tree javascript functions

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 2 11:13:53 PDT 2010

  Ilias,

The preferred method of embedding is using Javascript (as stated in the
wiki). The HTML embed method provides inconsistent results, especially
when trying to use Javascript to interact with the embedded object.

As for the Javascript helper functions described on the wiki, these are
actually not included in the Flash object and you will need to do a
copy/paste and either embed them in a Javascript file or directly in the
HTML. Once they are included in your page, you should be able to call
the helper functions as needed. If you are already doing this and still
having problems please let me know.

In addition, you can look at the source for a test page provided by our
Flash developer to see more code examples and comments:
http://keg.cs.uvic.ca/ncbo/ontologytree/OntologyTreeTest.html. Note that
the code works properly on this page for me using Firefox 3.6.

Please let me know if you have other questions or if I can help with
anything else.

Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer
NCBO BioPortal <http://bioportal.bioontology.org>