[bioontology-support] SIO

Natasha F. Noy noy at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 16 15:44:06 PDT 2010

Hi Michel,

We are having some trouble with parsing the ontology (BioPortal uses
Protege 3 to parse OWL ontologies). I know it looks fine in Protege 4.
But you have a bunch of resources (e.g., SIO_000310, SIO_000219)
declared both as owl:ObjectProperty and owl:Class. Is that the intent?

Protege 3 really chokes on these :( Before we do something though,
wanted to make sure that this is really what you meant to say.

Thanks in advance for clarifications!

Natasha