[bioontology-support] OWL/RDF as download option for ontologies?

Natasha F. Noy noy at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 16 15:48:40 PDT 2010

Hi Scott,

> Just back from http://www.pharmatechnology-summit.com/ where I touted
> Bioportal and NCBO in my presentation.

We are grateful, as usual!

> Thanks for the note. It's not urgent. I've got a way to test ideas for
> federation provenance (metadata) without the RDF download feature or
> converting OBO to OWL. Will just see how far I get with an old version
> of NEMO RDF that Paea sent to me once.

ok., we'll keep you posted. It shouldn't be long.

> FYI: I want to try adding metadata triples to the graph that refer to
> the graph URI, then accessing them in a query to select between
> graphs. To begin with, I simply want to get the label to use in the UI
> instead of the graph URI (virtual id PURL) that is now shown in the
> list of named graphs.

not sure I understand the question completely. But there is also
something like
http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/FMA
for every ontology in BioPortal. For now, it resolves to the "Ontology
details" page in the BioPortal UI. We will be installing a new version
of the PURL server shortly so that we will have http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/FMA.rdf
  resolve to the rdf file and the link above to the html page.

Hope this helps!

Natasha