[bioontology-support] Feedback

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Thu Sep 16 19:10:31 PDT 2010

  Kavitha,

I was the one that blocked you, sorry about that (you're now unblocked,
but please don't hit those services again :). Unfortunately, the
prototype services we have for mappings right now can't really handle
providing all of the mappings as a download. We're currently working on
a new service that will be more robust, but it won't roll out to
production until October.

However, we'd be happy to provide you with the mappings (with a caveat,
see below) in a format that's useful to you if you would let me know
what you'd like. The easiest for us to do is a raw SQL dump of our
table, but I think we could probably do a CSV file. Note that it's about
1GB worth of data, maybe more (uncompressed).

Now the caveat: I will have to check to see if there are licensing
restrictions on some of the mappings that would prevent us from
distributing them and, if so, what portion of the mappings are
restricted. I'll do that tomorrow and we can further discuss how to get
the mappings to you.

Thanks for emailing and sorry for any trouble I caused!

Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer
NCBO BioPortal <http://bioportal.bioontology.org>