[bioontology-support] query by URI

ben leinfelder leinfelder at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Sep 23 16:19:49 PDT 2010

Hello,
After quite a bit of trial and error I figured I'd break down and ask about the query webservice (http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_REST_services#Search_BioPortal)

Let's say I know the entire URI of the concept I'm searching for but I want to find the BioPortal ontologyId that houses that concept...

I've tried using the "Alt Signature" with a URLEncoded** search term, but it returns 0 matches:
	http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/?query=https%3A%2F%2Fcode.ecoinformatics.org%2Fcode%2Fsemtools%2Ftrunk%2Fdev%2Foboe%2Foboe-sbc.owl%23Kelp

Whereas a less-precise search does locate my term ('Kelp' from the OBOE SBC ontology) along with many others:
	http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/?query=Kelp

I'm sure I'm missing some small detail.
Thanks for suggestions,
-ben

**I've also tried using the URI Java class to encode my query term as it is very much a proper URI, but this does not change the behavior.