[bioontology-support] Annotator help request

Marco Ocana marco.ocana at balboasystems.com
Tue Sep 28 15:12:31 PDT 2010

Hi,

My name is Marco Ocana and I am a software consultant. I work with Tim Clark
from Harvard University/MGH.
We are working on integrating your Annotator Web Service with a tool that we are
developing.

We encountered a problem with the results returned from the service.
Some of the URIs for the found concepts are invalid.
Below is an extract of the results. Note the ... at the end of the fullId
element value. Same for localConceptId.

We got this result from the Java/Groovy client we are creating and from your
HTML web form at:
http://rest.bioontology.org/test_oba.html

To reproduce, I just entered (without quotes):
"This is a test to see if we can find breast cancer or alzheimers disease"
The only option on the web form I changed or set was XML output.

Thanks

Marco Ocana
Balboa Systems, Inc.

<annotationBean>
          <score>7</score>
          <concept>
            <id>7576609</id>
            <localConceptId>42295/B7...</localConceptId>
            <localOntologyId>42295</localOntologyId>
            <isTopLevel>0</isTopLevel>
            <fullId>http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/RCD/B7...</fullId>
            <preferredName>Benign tumour</preferredName>
            <synonyms>
              <string>Benign neoplasm</string>
            </synonyms>
            <definitions/>
            <semanticTypes>
              <semanticTypeBean>
                <id>10256193</id>
                <semanticType>T191</semanticType>
                <description>Neoplastic Process</description>
              </semanticTypeBean>
            </semanticTypes>
          </concept>