[bioontology-support] Pre-Populate "Preferred Name" text box from term id

Bhandare, Aniket abhandare at path.wustl.edu
Thu Sep 30 23:45:12 PDT 2010

Trish,

Thanks for your inputs.

I was thinking more of usecase for saved data on the page.

E.g. let's say user is creating study participant. On participant create
page, user selected participant's race as "White" using "preferred name"
widget and clicked save button on this page. Then hidden field
"c_bioportal_concept_id" tells us concept_id for race as "185984009".

We will save this concept_id in our local database as participant race
entered by user along with view/ontology id. So next time user logs in
and revisits page for this study participant, user wants to see already
saved data.

Is there a way to show race "White" in "preferred name" widget from
saved concept_id "185984009" and view/ontology id "2057"? I felt it
could be very common usecase for many applications and might be
supported by bioportal "preferred name" widget.

Thanks,

-Aniket