[bioontology-support] mapping service

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 5 12:08:33 PDT 2011

Sina,

On your version of the NCBO Appliance there is a prototype mapping
service, but it isn't great when dealing with a large number of
mappings. See the documentation [1] for examples, and you can replace
bioportal.bioontology.org with your machine's domain. We've recently
implemented a more comprehensive mapping solution but it hasn't been
integrated with the Appliance.

Mapping data is stored in the bioportal_ui database in a table called
'mappings'. The column definitions are pretty obvious if you take a look.

Paul

[1]
http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#Mapping_Service