[bioontology-support] display of instances?

Jessica D Tenenbaum jessie.tenenbaum at duke.edu
Wed Apr 6 12:17:47 PDT 2011

Got it- thanks, Trish.
I think the error's use of the term "individual" confused me (vs. your
explanation that it's an "instance" and thus can't be browsed.)
btw, this message appeared because I chose the term Affymetrix when it
auto-completed in the "Jump To" box. I'm not sure I'd say not to have
instances be used for autocomplete b/c certainly it's useful to know that
Affymetrix exists within OBI, but it is confusing to choose something that
autocompletes and then be told I can't choose that term.

thanks again,
_______________________
Jessica Tenenbaum, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Bioinformatics
Duke Translational Medicine Institute
(919) 668-8811

Trish Whetzel <whetzel at stanford.edu>
03/30/2011 06:47 PM

Jessica D Tenenbaum <jessie.tenenbaum at duke.edu>
cc
"support at bioontology.org Support" <support at bioontology.org>
Subject
Re: display of instances?

Hi Jessie,

This is not an error, but a message to indicate that the term can not be
browsed through the Web interface. Unlike classes, instances and
properties do not yet have their own "Details" page.

Trish

PS - I've cc'd the support mailing list.
You can subscribe to the mailing list at:

OR

Browse existing posts at:
http://www.bioontology.org/bioontology-support-archive (newly added)
or