[bioontology-support] parent/children services

Ray Fergerson ray.fergerson at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 12 10:58:27 PDT 2011

The documentation for these methods was removed because the methods caused
lots of confusion and there is another method that performs the same
service and is clearer. The "term" call in the BioPortal api returns both
parents and children for any term. This call will work for any ontology
version in BioPortal. The deprecated methods only worked for a single
ontology version and often this version was not the latest. This caused
lots of confusion.

While we encourage the use of the alternative "term" call, we have no
plans to remove the (now) undocumented calls so you can continue using
them indefinitely. You should be aware of their limitation, described
above.

Ray