[bioontology-support] I detected some potential problems of the REST service

Shuai Zheng zhengshalex at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:48:45 PDT 2011

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a user of your system and I enjoyed it very much. Recently, I detected
some potential problems of your system:

When I issue the term service request (In fact, other terms also suffer the
same problem, try several times you may see the different responses):

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/concepts/45400?conceptid=Malignant_Cell&apikey=de033a09-a868-42b3-b7dc-8bb4804e1071

I can get two different files, and they are responded randomly. One is
pretty large, which has 1.25 MB, another one is much smaller, which only has
64.1 KB.

It seems that the smaller one is what I used before. And the larger one
emerges recently. I guess you may opened different servers, but their
settings are different.

I personally regard the smaller one as the "correct" one, since the bigger
one contains two much redundant information.

I might detected a problem, or you can provide me a explanation so I can
make changes on my own code. I am looking forward to your response.

PS: I attach the two files.

Thanks a lot!

Shuai Zheng