[bioontology-support] Feedback

Persaud,Larry LPersaud at mdanderson.org
Thu Aug 4 10:43:14 PDT 2011

Hi Trish,

Typically when a Protocol is created the version of the CTCAE is what is used for that protocol.  Since we have legacy protocols calling legacy CTCAE we need a way to be able to reference the CTCAE version associated with the Protocol (e.g 3.n.n).

We were thinking of using the BioPortal ontology service to have our application point to the BioPortal NCI CTCAE and record the unique ID and other minimal data to our database so we do not need to maintain the ontologies locally.  Do you know of any institutions that are consuming the NIH BioPortal Ontology services in their applications? If so, it would be very nice to know how they are using this.

Cheers,
Larry

Lawrence T Persaud, PMP, M.Sc., B.Sc.
IT Project Manager
EMR Development & Support
Unit 1162, KCB 1.5142.10
Å: 5.7812  |   Æ: 2.9996  | Æ: 2.0812 | È: 646.206.3855

"A new idea is first condemned as ridiculous and then dismissed as trivial, until finally, it becomes what everybody knows."
William James<http://en.proverbia.net/citasautor.asp?autor=13773> (1842-1910) American philosopher and psychologist.