[bioontology-support] NCBO memory problem

Paul R Alexander palexander at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 5 10:27:49 PST 2011

Memory usage will vary on how you are utilizing the Virtual Appliance
and exactly what is happening on the system at any given point. The
portions of the application that tend to use a lot of memory include:
Lucene search index, ontology parsing, and the Rails application when
experiencing mid-high traffic loads (~20 concurrent users).

We haven't heard of other users having memory issues, but again it is
very dependent on how you are using the Appliance. Your virtualization
environment should include options for increasing the memory available
to the Appliance, so starting there is what I would do.

Best,
Paul R Alexander
Web / UI Developer
NCBO BioPortal