[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Maxwell Neal

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Wed Dec 7 19:04:49 PST 2011

Name: Maxwell Neal

Email: mneal at uw.edu

Location: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/

Comment:
Hi,

I was wondering - is there a way to configure a BioPortal REST search to use AND logic in a multiple-term search?  For example, searching for "blood ventricle" in the FMA does not return "blood in left ventricle." (It returns no terms).

I use this REST service in my SemGen software and would like to make it as easy as possible for users to find the ontology term they need without knowing the exact term ahead of time. I believe AND logic would help out a lot. Are there any plans to incorporate such a feature into the search service? Thanks for your time!

-Max