[bioontology-support] REST query with a slash in the search string

Marco Brandizi brandizi at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Dec 8 03:52:38 PST 2011

Hi all,

sorry if the following question has already been asked, I cannot find a
reference to this. Bioportal REST seems to fail when it gets a string
with a slash character in it, for instance this:

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/search/Mutant+%2F+Wild+type+comparison_design/?maxnumhits=10000000&apikey=<my-key>&level=1&includeproperties=0&isexactmatch=1&ontologyids=1136&subtreerootconceptid=efo%3AEFO_0003740

which I'm trying to use to see if there is 'Mutant / Wild type
comparison_design' under the tree rooted at EFO_0003740, instead tells
me a 404/Not Found, which I interpret as the inability to recognise that
the %2F (note it's escaped) is part of the search string.

Is there any massaging/escaping/etc I can do to the input to make it
working?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Marco Brandizi, PhD<brandizi at ebi.ac.uk>

Microarray Group - Sr Software Engineer