[bioontology-support] How to submit labels with numbers and alpha characters

Zachariah Schmidt zack at sterlingbio.com
Fri Dec 16 07:46:10 PST 2011

Hi,
I am trying to submit a test ontology created in current release of P4
(RDF/XML). The ontology successfully uploaded and is viewable on the staging
server at:   http://stagepurl.bioontology.org/ontology/ETMF
http://stagepurl.bioontology.org/ontology/ETMF .

I would like the BioPortal 'preferred names' to look as follows, where each
label has a number, space char, then alpha char, and an optional '.' char:

100 A
200 A

Also my ID should not contain any underline character and should look
something like:
ETMF001
or
ETMF-001

or similar format without underline char.

However, when a label is created in BioPortal with a number and an alpha
char it contains curly braces surrounding the label and the ID:  {etmf_001,
'100 A'}

http://ncbo-support.2288202.n4.nabble.com/file/n4205127/label.jpg

Again, my main objective is to get a number and an alpha char to show up in
the BP Preferred Name without the curly braces and the ID...Thank you in
advance for your help.

-----
Zachariah Schmidt
SterlingBio