[bioontology-support] Feedback

Pier Luigi Buttigieg pbuttigi at mpi-bremen.de
Fri Jul 1 00:53:50 PDT 2011

Dear Trish,

Thanks for your prompt response.
I am using Firefox 5.0 and double-checked with IE 9.
At the time the drop down menu did not appear and a tooltip stating
something along the lines of "Jump to can only function on the indexed
version of this ontology" appeared. This morning, however, it seems to be
working smoothly. If this happens again I'll try to get more data on the
error, but for now: sorry for the inconvenience.

On another note, would it be possible for us to embed BioPortal's Browse
Page on the EnvO website? Please see the attached screenshot showing our
current draft of the webpage. We've clearly indicated that this is
BioPortal's service and included the citation. I believe this set up should
still direct traffic to BioPortal. Our motivation for suggesting this is to
have a central stop for EnvO annotators while making use of BioPortal's
very developed service. Please let us know if this is in order and, if so,
if we should change any of the wording on the page.

Best regards and thanks again!
Pier

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 14:15:44 -0700, Trish Whetzel <whetzel at stanford.edu>
wrote:
> Dear Pier,
>
> Can you provide more details about what appears to not be working, e.g.
are
> terms not displayed in the drop-down menu (please note the autocomplete
> function is initiated after typing in 3 characters) or after selecting a
> term from the drop-down menu is the term not highlighted in the ontology
> tree display? In addition, what browser are you using?  In testing with
> Firefox (4.0.1) and Safari (5.0.5) I am not able to reproduce an error
with
> the "Jump To".
>
> Trish
>
> Trish Whetzel, PhD
> Outreach Coordinator
> Ph: 650-721-2378
> whetzel at stanford.edu
> http://www.bioontology.org
>

> On Jun 30, 2011, at 1:14 PM, support at bioontology.org wrote:
>
>> Name : Pier Luigi Buttigieg
>>
>> Email : pbuttigi at mpi-bremen.de
>>
>> Comment:
>> Dear Support,
>>
>> I'm a co-editor on the EnvO project and noticed that the "Jump To"
>> functionality doesn't seem to work when on:
>> http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/45418/?p=terms#navigate
>>
>> Could this be enabled somehow?
>> Is there something that the EnvO team should do?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> PLB

Pier Luigi Buttigieg

PhD candidate
Microbial Genomics Group
Max Planck Institute for Marine Microbiology
Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH

e-mail: pbuttigi at mpi-bremen.de, p.buttigieg at jacobs-university.de

Address:
MPI for Marine Microbiology