[bioontology-support] Three things

Alan Ruttenberg alanruttenberg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 09:58:37 PDT 2011

1) Can you please refrain from showing metrics on existing ontologies
that have not updated their metadata, or to include a disclaimer
warning that the metrics may not be valid. I have looked now at IAO's
page and find once again that the metrics are bogus. I have noted this
before and am surprised that no action was taken considering the
importance the Bioportal team must give to presenting accurate
metrics, not to mention the potential damage to the reputations of the
ontology developers who the Bioportal aims to support.

2) Can you include some information on the details page identifying
the party able to edit the summary? I don't know what account it is
under - I have tried two likely candidates now and neither works - my
own "alanruttenberg" and the obi account
"ontology.bio.investigations". In the case of IAO can you please let
me know which account has management ability?

3) Can you clarify what the bioportal PURL is? Apparently it leads to
the ability to explore the current version. In that case it should be
labeled as such: "Link to visualize" or "Bioportal visualization purl"
or somesuch. In addition, the ontology IRI and version IRI (you know,
the IRI's that the OWL spec considers normative  -
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-owl2-syntax-20091027/#Ontology_IRI_and_Version_IRI)
 should be given more prominence so as not to mislead.

Thanks,
Alan