[bioontology-support] FW: Need some assistance

Trish Whetzel whetzel at stanford.edu
Sun Jul 17 21:35:26 PDT 2011

Hi Lori,

I'm away at a conference. In order to get the ontology abbreviation or SAB, you can use the "List latest versions of all ontologies" [1] Web service, the ontology abbreviation is in the element <abbreviation>. Therefore, this information can be accessed directly in your i2b2-NBCO extraction tool.

The wiki page you refer to was generated when we first starting working with i2b2 a few years back. The files contain the ontology abbreviations and the initial i2b2 formatted data based on the first version of the script we developed to provide ontology data in the i2b2 format used at that time. Our infrastructure has changed since this initial work was done (and the i2b2 format), hence the need for the new i2b2-NCBO code.

Trish

[1] http://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/NCBO_REST_services#List_all_the_latest_version_of_ontologies