[bioontology-support] copy of NCBO Virtual Appliance

Jim Hudson jim at jimsconsulting.com
Thu Jul 21 10:35:49 PDT 2011

Hi,

I'm interested in getting a copy of the NCBO virtual appliance.

Currently, I'm a consultant to some Canadian cancer research
organizations.  One of the things that I do is analyse research
portfolios to inform strategic plans, etc.. This involves
coding/classification of research project information using different
classifications systems.

In the past, I've developed some basic tools for assisting with, and
improving the accuracy of coding and was looking to improve these tools.

For concept annotation, I've been testing a local copy of Metamap over
the past week or so.  I have taken a look at your annotator, which seems
like it could be more useful (faster, easier to add ontologies etc).

Because much of the information that I analyse is considered to be
confidential, I wouldn't be able to use the annotator web service that
you provide for this, and instead would like to run a local copy.

Please let me know how I might be able to get the VM.

Thanks very much,
Jim Hudson