[bioontology-support] Bioportal-mapping service problem

Israel Wakwoya isiru95 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:37:08 PDT 2011

Dear Bioportal support group,

I wanted to download mappings between ontologies using the bioportal
REST service, but the xml file that I got is missing the mapped source
and target entities. For example, i got the following result:

<mapping>
<id>http://purl.bioontology.org/mapping/aab456c0-0061-012e-74a1-005056bd0010</id>
<source/>
<target/>
<relation>http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#closeMatch</relation>
<sourceOntologyId>1032</sourceOntologyId>
<targetOntologyId>1095</targetOntologyId>
<createdInSourceOntologyVersion>42693</createdInSourceOntologyVersion>
<createdInTargetOntologyVersion>40958</createdInTargetOntologyVersion>
<submittedBy>38342</submittedBy><date>2010-05-17 16:24:34.0 PDT</date>
<mappingType>Automatic</mappingType>
<mappingSource>APPLICATION</mappingSource><mappingSourceName>LOOM</mappingSourceName><mappingSourceContactInfo>support at bioontology.org</mappingSourceContactInfo>
<mappingSourceSite>http://www.bioontology.org</mappingSourceSite>
<mappingSourceAlgorithm>Mappings were generated by the LOOM algorithm
automatically based on close lexical match between preferred names of
terms or a preferred name and a synonym.</mappingSourceAlgorithm>
</mapping>

As you see, the source and target entities are missing. It was working
good until recently. Could you, please, fix the problem? I needed the
data for my experiment and would be very happy if I can get it sooner.

Thank you in advance.

With kindest regards,
Israel Wakwoya.

I S R A E L  W A K W O Y A  B A Y I S S A

e-mail: Israel.Bayissa at loria.fr
tel: +33 (0) 647026773

Orpailleur, INRIA
Batiment B, Bureau B142,