[bioontology-support] required support for relations and axioms

Natasha Noy noy at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 14 11:58:57 PDT 2011

Hi Michel,

We are planning to add the browsing of instances relatively soon (although not in the next month). The browsing of properties and their hierarchy is also on the to-do list but with somewhat lower priority. As everyone else, we have only limited resources.

We do not currently plan to show axioms that are not attached to classes and show essentially only restrictions.

An important thing to note is that BioPortal will probably never be as good for browsing OWL ontologies as a browser that would be specifically for OWL (or OWL 2). Our goal is to provide a useful browser that gives you a uniform view of ontologies in a number of different formats, which inherently means that it will not be perfect for any single format.

I hoep this makes sense.

Natasha