[bioontology-support] error in NCBO rest service

Brig Mecham brig.mecham at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 14:55:52 PDT 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to use your rest API services to download the path from the
concept id fma:Anatomical_structure to all of its leaves.  I use the
following command.

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/leafpath/1053/fma:Anatomical_structure?apikey=2fa8f36b-0ea9-4000-8da8-117d63102067

This call results in a file with 5,008 rows, the last of which
corresponds to the concept:

fma:Autosome.fma:Chromosome.fma:Cell_component.fma:Cardinal_cell_part

The problem  is there are many more leaves that are beneath
fma:Anatomical_structure.  I figured there was a limit variable that
needed to be passed via the URL and found a description of this here:

Unfortunately, adding the limit variable as shown below does not
download more (or less when I set it to something like 5) terms.

http://rest.bioontology.org/bioportal/virtual/leafpath/1053/fma:Anatomical_structure?apikey=2fa8f36b-0ea9-4000-8da8-117d63102067&limit=50000

Am I missing something or does this call not work properly?