[bioontology-support] Praise feedback and question on your page MedLinePlus Health Topics,

Allie McReynolds allie at khsteachers.org
Mon Jun 27 12:38:04 PDT 2011

Dear Good Folks at MedLinePlus Health Topics,

I'm writing in regard to your page: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/visualize/40397?conceptid=T1246. I wanted to let you know I appreciate all the effort you must have put into creating this page; I'm a 6th grade teacher and I've been including a small Unit on "green ideas" to increase awareness and point out the many benefits of alternative medicines derived from herbal practices, aromatherapy, etc... I have done this constitutively for three years now, and I just wanted to let you know that your page is wonderful and I plan on using it to assist me in my lessons. Thank you!

This year I decided to do something different and I've been planning something special for my students. We did a tropical-themed school play, that the kids will be performing in, (which I loved!) and we also went on a Aromatherapy field trip, which they were very excited about! Let me tell you!

While I was researching alternative medicinal treatments, I found this really interesting article that turned out to be quite the resource tool, it talks all about herbs, aromas and oils, including a little bit of history and even discusses the benefits of herbal medicine practice and infused oils! Anyone can use it, I've already saved it to my favourites and reference it often!

Here's a link: 'The Wonderful World of Herbs and Aromas' - http://www.fragrancex.com/Fragrance-Information/herbs-and-aromas.html

I'm sharing this with you not only as a way of saying thank you, in hopes that you find it as informative and as useful as I have, but also in hopes that you will consider adding the resource to your page.

Truth is, it would not only provide your viewers with yet another amazing resource... but it would also bring a sense of authenticity and realism to mine, which the kids need.

Please let me know what you think! They will all be very excited to actually see something like that incorporated on your page, if you so chose of course, and I promise I won't take up any more of your time.

One behalf of myself and the entire class, thank you!

Cheers,

Allie

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world."- Nelson Mandela