[bioontology-support] Feedback

support at bioontology.org support at bioontology.org
Thu Mar 3 05:45:30 PST 2011

Name : Alan Bridge

Email : alan.bridge at isb-sib.ch

Comment:
Hi ECO

sorry to bother you but for this term ECO:0000202

Sequence similarity evidence that is based on a sequence-based statistical model that predicts the function of a gene product.

not all statistical models predict function (maybe just family membership, or the presence of a domain) - so if you can't make an unambiguous assertion about function for a given sequence model, what would be the right evidence code to use if I wanted to assign a code to a feature annotation (i.e. if I wanted to simply state "this domain is found")

Best Regards, Alan